[Serusers] NAT

Bruno Lopes F. Cabral bruno at openline.com.br
Sat Nov 13 22:59:00 CET 2004

Hi there

Java Rockx wrote:
> Look at the <ser-source>/modules/rtpproxy

don't you mean modules/nathelper ? :-)

> and <ser-source>/modules/mediaproxy directories.
>
> There are README files. Personally, I'd recommend using mediaproxy because it seems to be more
> effective with handling NATed clients. There is a sample cfg file in the mediaproxy directory.

can comment on mediaproxy, but I'm using nathelper on
SER 0.8.14 with rtpproxy (from CVS, the tar linked on
voip-info.org don't work) and example found at

http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/sip_router/etc/nathelper.cfg?rev=1.1.2.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

and it worked at first, like a charm

in fact, it worked so well that I'm still asking myself
if I was supposed to configure anything on clients to
make it work or not (i.e. Outbound proxy or Stun server
like in grandstream phones and adapters)

if anyone can enlight me on this, I'd appreciate

Cheers
!3runo
from Brazil

P.S. rtpproxy for SER 0.8.14 can be get with
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ser.berlios.de:/cvsroot/ser co rtpproxy