[Serusers] SIP and SER newbie

S S shermian at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 17:22:31 CET 2004

Hello everyone. I downloaded the latest version (0.8.14) of SER and
installed it on my redhat linux server. I've not set up a sip server before
so I'm new to this.

1.) Would you please point me in the direction to get started in configuring
the SER server? I would like to test it out w/ an ip phone and windows
messenger. I've been using some of the documentation that were available at
the same ftp site.

2.) I noticed that it is preferable to install and use mysql. I already have
mysql installed on my server, but the file "ser-mysql" could not be found in
the latest directory on the ftp site. Where can I find that file to set up
mysql for SER?

3.) What ports should I have open for SER to function if I'm behind
firewall?

4.) Lastly, I would also like to set up the sms gateway module. How can I
have access to that module?

Thank you for your help.

Sher