[Serusers] error restarting ser

Vinayak Krishan Vinayak.Krishan at relianceinfo.com
Tue Nov 9 07:59:08 CET 2004

Marian -
Thanks much... sorted out the error.. In my enthusiasm, I forgot to load up
the MySQL dynamic client lib.. It got past that error... Now for the next
error..

I have MySQL 4.1.7 server, client, dynamic client lib, shared lib... When I
try to start SER, the error I get is that the MySQL client authentication
protocol does not match the MySQL server.. A Google search came back with
something like upgrade the client versoin to better than 4.1.1.. Since I
already have 4.1.7, that does not seem to be the solution... yet, just to
be on the safe side, I changed the MySQL's /etc/my.cnf file to startup with
the --old-password command.. No luck yet on getting SER to start

Any suggesitons from anyone if they have seen this and how they got it
working? Yes.. I have gone into the MySQL support site and seen the options
there...

Vinayak

                      marian.dumitru at voic
                      e-sistem.ro                To:       "Vinayak Krishan" <Vinayak.Krishan at relianceinfo.com>
                      Sent by:                   cc:       serusers at lists.iptel.org
                      serusers-bounces at ip        Subject:  Re: [Serusers] error restarting ser
                      tel.org              Importance: Normal  Sender's OU: Reliance |------------------|
                                                                                     | [ ] Confidential |
                                                                                     |------------------|
                      11/08/04 08:00 PM

> Hi,
> you can check your config file with "ser -ddddddd -E -c -f config_file"
and you will get in the debug messages the line/position where the error
is located. You should consider v0.8.14 - is a newer release.
> Best regards,
> Marian Dumitru
> I'm installing SER 8.12 on a Fedora Box with MySQL 4.1.7-0... I've
> followed
> the steps in SER-howto completely until I get to the section down the
> middle where it asks to modify the ser.cfg file.. After modifying it for
> mysql, digest authentication and changing the uri to
uri=~"vinayakk.local"