[Serusers] New SER release

Bogdan-Andrei IANCU iancu at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Nov 8 09:10:38 CET 2004

Hi everybody,

a new SER release was decided to come out (Christmas is coming ;-)). It
will be based on the current unstable version, so we can say it will
bring radical changes. Probably to get it a stable phase will take some
time and effort.

As a first step we will branch the current CVS head and the commits will
be stopped - excepting bug fixes. Of course, the CVS head will go
further normally.

The branch it will be done on 17th 24:00. So, if there are any pending
commits that should go into release, please do them till 17th.

Once the branch is created, I will try to compile a list with all
important changes and based on this, we will get into testing phase -
any external help will be strongly appreciated.

regards,
bogdan