[Serusers] avpops

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Sat Nov 6 01:53:04 CET 2004

Hi,

Thanks for the great work on avpops. It is really an existing module which
opens lots of opportunities. I read some document, just want to make sure I
understood it correctly...

. Every avp type should be saved in a different table. For example, I have
two caller id settings for each subscriber, inter-domain and intra-domain. I
should use one table for each setting. To load them, should I just use
"avp_db_load" with their respective table name? Another question is, since
the table name is optional, what happens if it is not given? When is it

. It looks like that one avp can have multiple values. For example, you can
have avp_write("sip:addr1 at test.com", "i:2") and
avp_write("sip:addr2 at test.com", "i:2"). So avp name i:2 has both values.

. If an avp has multiple values, I can use avp_pushto() to do a parallel
forking.

. Can I use an avp for the existing function? For example, I'd like to use
different caller id inside "Remote-Party-ID". If I already load avp name
i:10 with the right caller id, can I use append_hf() to add a new field with
the avp?

. In the example of Trusted IPs, what if I don't care about any username or
domain? For example, I have a PSTN gateway shared by all domains. Should I
put "" in uuid, username and domain columns? Then what do I put in source
for avp_db_load()? It seems that source can only take either username or
domain or both. Maybe define a uuid value and associate all gateways with
the same uuid.

Thanks again for the great work,

Richard