[Serusers] Problem with specific phones only able to register to ipnumber andnotdomain..

Claus Futtrup cf at internetit.dk
Tue Nov 2 10:21:36 CET 2004

Hi Guys,

I have this problem with a few phones, that they can only use IP number for
proxy adress and domain. So when they register to the proxy, the location
database will have user at ipnumber and not user at domain (use_domain, 0).

The problem is then as follows: that when a caller that registeres with the
domain name are unable to call users that register with the domains IP
number and vice versa. lookup("location") simply replies not found.

Now I know why it happens, but is there a solution for this problem. Like
only look at user and not user at domain or user at ipnumber?

Kind Regards

Claus Futtrup