[Serusers] avpops module

Elena Ramona Modroiu ramona at voice-system.ro
Tue Nov 2 03:19:06 CET 2004

Hi,

I have just added a new module for SER unstable version. AVPops
(AVP-operations) module implements a set of script functions providing a
very flexible and complete way of accessing and manipulating the user
AVPs (preferences). The module tries to take full advantage of all AVP
features, like using both types of AVPs (ID and name - ID are much
faster, but name easier to handle) or using both Integer and String values.

A wide range of functions are available:
 - interfaces to DB resources (loading/storing/removing AVPs based on
different selection criteria and from different tables)
 - functions for swapping information between AVPs and SIP messages;
storing SIP msg values into AVPs or pushing AVP values into messages.
 - function for testing/checking the value of an AVP against values from
SIP messages or against other AVPs.

The combination of these function offers possibilities like serial
forking, dynamic checking of platform characteristics, per user
preferences/services, etc.

An up-to-date tutorial providing more information (detailed explanations
and commented examples) can be found on Voice Sistem documentation web
page at http://voice-system.ro/docs/avpops.

If there are people interested in testing it, I would be grateful for
any feedback.

Salutari,
Ramona