[Serusers] authentication (or lack there of)

Darren O'Donohoe darren at webtalk.ie
Mon Nov 1 16:53:30 CET 2004

Hi Ashling,

I've just recently gotten this working myself!

In your Ser.cfg you seem to have both of the following lines uncommented.

# -- usrloc params --
modparam("usrloc",  "db_mode",   0)
# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc",  "db_mode", 2)

You need to choose one or the other.

Barring that  have you checked that ser_mysql tables are installed correctly
by querying them as per the How To Doc?

Finally!  You could try hardening your MySQL server by changing the mysql
root PW and removeing the anonymous userids.  It's detailed in the My SQL
Docs on www.mysql.com

I'm no expert but I did all the above and registration works well now.

Good Luck!
Darren

PS Anyone out there had a chance to look at my post re registered users not
being able to see/call each other??  I'm stumped!