[Serusers] General problems with SER 0.8.12

hasseman at slackware.se hasseman at slackware.se
Mon May 31 19:02:40 CEST 2004

Problems:
1. SER do not start properly after reboot.
2. Can´t not log on to SIP-server trough NAT.

1. SER do not start properly after reboot.
First of all i must point out that i have no more than a couple of weeks
experience. I downloaded the "Admin guide" and the "Dan Austin howto" as
reference dokumentation to set up a basic SER server. I followed it step
by step and tested it. I found out that ive got some problem with ser when
i restarted the machine. I restarted the machine, startted ser with "ser
start" witch gived me:

Listening on:
       127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:5060
       192.168.1.3[192.168.1.3]:5060

But when i was checking the status with "serctl monitor" It semed to me as
ether the ser server or the ser_fifo was down cause it dident give me any
status att all.

when i checked the lokal processes with "ps aux" it dident give me
anything on "ser start" as it usualy do. So i tried out the default
ser.cfg and it worked.... ps aux gived me "ser start". Then i tried the
default ser.cfg with mysql auth support and it worked. I rebooted and the
same problem all over again.

2. Can not log on to SIP-server trough NAT.
I can make local connections and initiate calls but not trough my
dial.mine.nu adress. I have routed port 5060-5062 in my firewall against
the server machine.(i think it would be sufficient to at least log on) I
can make connections against iptel.org reference server but not against my
local server.

Enviromental variables:
OS: Slackware 9.1 (Linux)
client: Kphone and W-messenger.
server: ser 0.8.12
Host-name:SIPserver.hasselan
Domain: hasselan
SIP-domain: SIPserver.hasselan
Mysql: 4.0.18
external domain: dial.mine.nu

configurationsfile= default ser.cfg + auth modules and mysql support.
following lines were edited:

www_authorise =SIPserver.hasselan
www_challenge SIPserver.hasselan