[Serusers] SER and Voicemail

Shad Mortazavi Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com
Mon May 31 09:23:04 CEST 2004

Dear All,

I'm a long-term Asterisk user and have two data centers using Asterisks to
send and receive calls. This works great and I service

I needed a capable SIP proxy and following some good reviews of SER I put a
copy of SER in my test lab.

Quad T1's<->Asterisk (PBX)<->(LAN<->DMZ)<->SER<->(Firewall)<->(Internet)

		Local US Help Desk (Snom 200')

This setup works well. I can pass calls from over the internet to the
Asterisk PBX via SER using X-Ten Lit.

I have now loaded Ser WEB and like the functionality. I understand to use
the accounting, missed calls and voicemail I need to use the sem modules?

I downloaded the sem modules from the cvs repository on belios.de.

I can't really find any documentation on how to integrate voicemail.

At the moment if I don't have one of my users registered with ser and I try
to dial them I get 404 error.

I would really appreciate some help;

1. How do I make the system emulate the phone ringing and not just get a
404?
2. How do I send the call to Voicemail after 10 rings if the user is not
available?

Warm Regards

Shad Mortazavi
Nexus Technical Manager