[Serusers] Announcements to PSTN network, without charging.

Fri May 28 18:02:31 CEST 2004

I think Atle meant this scenario:

In the PSTN, when I call an invalid number (non-existent, mobile phone
user who is offline and the voicebox is turned off), often I hear an
announcement "you called a non existen number, the user is currently not
available, ...". So, I receive some audio, but still I don't have to pay
for the call.

So, I guess Atle wants to know if it is possible with sems to stream
audio into the PSTN network without accpenting the call (so that the
party which called to my gateway does not have to pay for the call).

Another possibility would be:

--PSTN--|GW|----SIP-----|ser|-----|ser+sems-annaouncement|

Any GW forwards the call to the proxy. The user is offline, so the call
will be forwarded to sems, which does not accept the call (200), but
only sends 183 back and a voice stream. So the gateway can stream the
announcement in to the PSTN (without charging the caller). Some seconds
after the announcement, sems sends a "603" or "404" message and the GW
hangs up.

regards,
klaus