[Serusers] SER & Asterisk in a non-routed environment

Fri May 28 17:52:01 CEST 2004

That all depends on your network configuration and the requirements you
have. Another solution for example would be to register the clients on
the corresponding ser-server. These servers saves the location and
forward the REGISTER to the other ser proxies (t_replicate).

If the proxy receives an incoming call, it looksup the location table.
If the user is in the subnet of the proxy, it forwards the request to
the client, and if not, it will forward the request to the corresponding
SIP proxy.

another solution would be a SIP proxy outside the customer networks. The
SIP proxies at the GWs replicate the REGISTER messages to the "main"
proxy. And now, the GW-proxies send all requests which can't be resolved
to the main proxy. The main proxy knows the location of all users and
can forward the request to the proper GW-proxy.

So, as you see, there are several possibilities, and it depends heavily
on your network setup, your routing policies ...

regards,
klaus