[Serusers] SER & Asterisk in a non-routed environment

Thu May 27 20:16:26 CEST 2004

Yes you can do it. There is a multihome feature for ser (to detect which
interface should be used for sending out messages) and you can use the
new "unstable" rtpproxy in bridging mode. Furthermore, you have to use
the nathelper module to rewrite SIP messages (change IP addresses and
ports).

I've never used this setup, but as far as I know it should work.

To send PSTN calls to the * box, you don't have to register at the *
box. The clients can register at the SIP proxy and the SIP proxy
verifies access rights before sending calls to certain destinations
(like the PSTN gateway). In the other direction, if there is an incoming
call, you can configure * to fordward calls to certain users (phone
numbers) to the sip proxy, which will forward it to the client.

So, next step: Try to setup the proxy on the GW, register your clients
at the proxy and try to make calls inside the 192.168.10.0/24 network.
If this works, try to add nathelper and route RTP via the rtpproxy. If
this works to, try to setup bridging into the asterisk network segment.

regards,
klaus