[Serusers] BYE notifications not relayed in proxy call forwarding setup

Robert Bedell robert.bedell at zivVa.com
Tue May 25 17:37:32 CEST 2004

Hello.  I've been lurking for a while and I'm hoping that I have a pretty
simple problem:

My BYE notifications don't seem to be forwarded in a proxy'd call forwarding
setup.
The call connects fine, and I can talk back and forth ok, but if I hang one
side the other remains connected.
I tracked it down to the BYE notification not being relayed, but I'm not
certain why.  Please help!

Here is my ser.cfg:

debug=3
fork=no
log_stderror=yes
listen=69.20.20.192

loadmodule "/home/zebra/sys/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/home/zebra/sys/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/home/zebra/sys/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/home/zebra/sys/lib/ser/modules/exec.so"

modparam("exec", "setvars", 1)

route {
        if(method=="REGISTER") {
                log("REGISTER received\n");
                sl_send_reply("200","Ok");
        } else if(method=="BYE") {
                log(1,"BYE received\n");
                exec_msg("/home/zebra/bin/log_bye.php");
                #sl_send_reply("200","Ok");
                t_relay();
        } else {
                # all other cases
                log(1,"message received");
                exec_dset("/home/zebra/bin/route_call.php -l");
                record_route();
                t_relay();
        }
}

This is a very simple call forwarding arrangement.
However, when using this SER does nothing with the BYE notifications!
They just end up timing out.  I've attached the output from sip_scenario.pl.
The proxy is 69.20.20.192.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  This is causing me some headaches,
and maybe I'm just not understanding what I'm doing with SER.