[Serusers] Question regarding Transaction

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu May 20 10:02:52 CEST 2004

At 04:13 AM 5/20/2004, Zeus Ng wrote:
>When is a transaction created? Is it when any of t_relay(), t_newtran(),
>t_forward* functions run.

yes

>If yes, then what method should we use t_newtran()?

use it for localy processed requests which you would like to
process statefuly. That's particuarly meaningful if you wish
to avoid repeated execution on retransmission either because
the request processing logic is to heavy or for other reasons.

>I'm assuming REGISTER
>should not get t_newtran() unless it is forwarded from a proxy to a location
>server, right?

I personaly don't think that REGISTER should use transaction
state. Note that RFC3261 suggests stateful processing.

-jiri