[Serusers] simple forwarding

Andreas Granig a.granig at inode.at
Wed May 19 10:19:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Hi I would like the easiest way to setup a call forwarding scenario.
> Ideally I would like an entry in the user database table that would
> allow a phone to be forwarded. What is the best way to do this?

The simplest thing I found is to use aliases for call forwarding.

If you want 1234 to be forwarded to 2345, just use serctl as follows:

   serctl alias add 1234 sip:2345 at your.domain

and do lookup("aliases") before lookup("location"). "your.domain" is
either the fqdn of the ser or the pstn gateway if you forward to the
outside world. If your pstn gateways use radius accounting for billing,
you have to add an rpid-header for accounting the call to the forwarder.

Andy