[Serusers] Anyone Using Nagios "check_ser" Plugin To Monitor SER Proxies?

Paul Wasik pwasik at optonline.net
Wed May 19 03:10:41 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to get the "check_ser" Nagios plugin to work on my Nagios system to monitor a SER proxy. I've got Nagios 1.2 up and running and have the standard Nagios plugins working. I've got the Nagios "check_ser" plugin loaded under /usr/lib/nagios/plugins with all the other plugins and I can run this check from the command line as /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ser -H -U -P -w -c with values included for these arguments. So Sipsak and this check_ser PERL module seem to be working.

The problem is that I cannot get Nagios to run this as a service check successfully. The host shows "UP" but the service check always fails. I never see a SIP registration message go out when the Nagios check_ser service check is run from within Nagios.

Any wisdom out there on this?

Thanks,

Paul