[Serusers] Offline announcement + ENUM

Sylver B. sylver_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 14:04:41 CEST 2004

Thank you very much Klaus !

Also, I have a trivial question regarding ENUM. In your configuration you have ENUM entries for international dialing. But I wonder how SER can be really linked to e164.arpa.

Could you tell me if  the following scenario is good or not in a real world deployment :
- SER is linked to an isdn gateway (to maybe handle calls from PSTN world) or calls are only initiated within the IP world?
- ENUM module perform queries to e164.arpa.
- The SIP URI of the associated user is then retrieved

Now how can I handle my own ENUM DNS tree (Tier-2)? When do you think Tier-2 providers will be linked to e164.arpa? How .tel domains and ENUM will live together ?

Thanks in advance,
SB

1. Configure the main proxy to send all INVITE requests for offline
users to the vm-proxy:

if (!lookup("..")) {
if (does_uri_exist()) {
..do here the forwarding..

2. check if the reuqested user is in the voicemail group
-> voicemail
if(!vm("/tmp/am_fifo","voicemail")){

else -> announce.
if(!vm("/tmp/am_fifo","announce")){

regards,
klaus

Sylver B. wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have 2 instances of SER + 1x SEMS (ser, ser-vm and sems) . The
> first ser is for SIP routing and the second one, for SER/SEMS routing logic.
>
> Do you have any clue of the way that I can play an announcement saying
> for example "the user is offline" if :
> - voicemail is not activated for the user
> - and the user exist
>
> Thanks in advance,
> SB
>
> PS: my configuration is mainly based on :
> http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-February/005996.html
> (Thanks to Klaus Darilion )
>

> */Raphael Coeffic /* wrote:
>
> Hi Sylver,
>
> could you ask the guys at serusers at lists.iptel.org, as your problem is more a
> matter of configuring ser as a sems problem?
>
> -Raphael.
> PS: this email has been cc-ed to serusers also...

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail