[Serusers] pdt module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at iptel.org
Wed May 12 13:05:54 CEST 2004

On 5/12/2004 11:08 AM, Richard wrote:

>Due to the lack of resources, this is my temporary
>solution. I am using cisco PSTN gateway. When
>configuring dial-peer for one domain, I use the dns
>name as session target instead of ip address. The
>message Cisco sends to ser will be 5551212 at test.com
>instead of 5551212@<ser-ip-address>. To convert the
>PSTN number to internal extension, I use alias. I
>don't know about the scalability of alias table. With
>many users, it can grow very large. It would be nice
>if we can have regular express to manipulate the uri.

There are several  regular expression functions that can be used in ser
config file. Take a look at the textops module. For example, using
subst_uri() you can apply perl-like regular expression operations to the
request uri. Searching on the mailing list archive will rise several
examples of usage.

.Daniel