[Serusers] ser to asterisk

Tjapko Smits itsc99 at cantv.net
Tue May 11 08:48:41 CEST 2004

Thanks Alan,

Ser to asterisk works now. It was quit easy indeed.

According to your subtle remark NAT penetration is not so easy?

I saw this in the cookbook that made me think:

# prevents private ip space from being used
  if (search("^(Contact|m): .*@(192\.168\.|10\.|172\.16)")) {
    if (method=="REGISTER") {
      log(1, "LOG: Someone trying to register from private IP\n");
      sl_send_reply("479", "Please don't use private IP addresses" );
      break;
    };
  }

If you can filter a nated endpoint like this than i should be able to
also activate a proxy mechanism that penetrates the nated environment
like nathelper or something. Is that a correct suggestion assuming that
we are not discussing firewalls or other port blocking mechanisms.

Tjapko.