[Serusers] 400 Table 'aliases' not found in memory -- checked archives added lookup("aliases") before if (!lookup("location")) {

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Sun May 9 18:53:40 CEST 2004

On 07-05 17:18, steve wrote:
> Hi,
> Looking back in the archives I see this problem referenced quite a lot.
>
> My  issue seems to be the same as the others in the archive:
>
> In serweb/user_interface click on the subscribe button, fill in the details
> no problems.
>
> When going to the confirmation page I see the message:
>
> 400 Table 'aliases' not found in memory, use save("aliases") or
> lookup("aliases") in the configuration script first
>
> This is a snip of my config:
>
> if (uri=~"labbox-b.noclan.lab") {
>         lookup("aliases");
>                 if (method=="REGISTER") {
> # Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
>                         if (!www_authorize("labbox-b.noclan.lab",
> "subscriber")) {
>                                 www_challenge("labbox-b.noclan.lab", "0");
>                                 break;
>                         };
>
>                         save("location");
>                         break;
>                 };

   Better put lookup("aliases") here.

>                 # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
>                 if (!lookup("location")) {
>                         sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
>                         break;
>                 };
>
> I have tried this config in variations:
>
> if (uri=="myself") {
> lookup("aliases");
>
> if (uri=~"labbox-b.noclan.lab") {
> lookup("aliases")
>
> if (uri=~"labbox-b.noclan.lab") {
> lookup("aliases");
>
> I have also tried adding the save("aliases") but this does not seem to be
> referenced as much as lookup("aliases");

  This does not matter actually -- you should get rid of the error
  message if you put lookup("aliases") anywhere in the configuration
  file. To make it work properly you should put it just before
  lookup("location");

> Is this a simple syntax issue? Ser starts ok using any of the config
> variations.
>
> I will attach the full ser.cfg in case I have made errors else where in the
> file.
>
> Interestingly this seems to be a precursor for the error "error in SQL
> query, line: 43" that people see. The reason for this is that the user is
> added to the subscriber table, but is not removed from pending, so when you
> re-try you have a duplicate in the subscriber table and this I think is what
> generates the error.

  That's possible, in this case simply remove the line from pending
  table -- the account should be activated already if it is in
  subscriber table.

    Jan.