[Serusers] SerWeb authentication fails, my confusion over domain/realm referenced in archives

steve sgsubs at intechnology.co.uk
Thu May 6 10:33:43 CEST 2004

Hi,
I have got Serweb going but when I access admin/index.php or
user_interface/index.php I get the login prompt but when I try to login it
returns to the login prompt.

Looking back at the archives I see references to the domain or realm being
incorrect, what realm / domain does this refer to? What needs to match this
domain.

When I set up the MySQL users I had used the command export
SIP_DOMAIN="SIP-PROXY.LAB" to allow me to use serctl, I see this in the
output from select * from subscriber; run in mysql.

I have changed the line in the html/config.php to match how I had configured
my ser.cfg: (in the ser howto these commands were on separate lines, in my
config.php they were on one line, does this matter?)

/* your domain name */

$this->realm="boxb.lab"$this->domainname="boxb.lab"$this->default_domain=
                        ereg_replace( "(www\.|sip\.)?(.*)", "\\2",
$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']);
                /* initial nummerical alias for new subscriber -- don't
forget to
                   align your SER routing script to it !
                */
                $this->first_alias_number=82000;

I'm sure this is a mismatch between the domain / realm somewhere but I am
not sure what I need to change, the SIP_DOMAIN? The server hostname? The
MYSQL users? or the aliases in ser.cfg?

Many thanks in advance...

Regards,
Steven Godfrey