[Serusers] Just starting- need help

Bert Berlin btberlin at quintum.com
Wed May 5 17:17:52 CEST 2004

I am trying to use SER in a lab environment to test a new SIP product
under development. I am searching through the SER archives for help, and
see that many useful responses have been offered - but none yet that
addresses my simple problem -- how to get started.

I have SER up and running on a Linux9 platform.  Likewise SERWEB and mysql.

Attached is the ser.cfg file that i am using.  It  is virtually
unmodified from the original sample file.

the setup is simple

UA1 --->SER ---->UA2

We are simply trying to use the proxy to exercise the logic of
registration and so on in our user agent. The UAs register ok.  Then
when we try to place a call from UA1 to UA2, there is an invite,
followed by  a 100 Trying message ( we sniff with ethereal to see this,
and use our own UA debug traces as well).  After a short while, we
receive a 483 message - "too Many Hops"   I've read through the archives
and see that this can happen when there is a loop so that the hop count
rises to some limit.

Can we get some help with a cfg file that will allow us to  accomplish
this testing?  I think once we get started with SER we will be able to
understand better how to write modifications to the cfg script.

thanks,
bert

--

            Bert Berlin