[Serusers] busy indicator

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at iptel.org
Tue May 4 11:59:29 CEST 2004

I think this is a matter of the phone. It has to decide how to reply to
a new call. One can have a phone which supports on-hold,
redirect-on-busy, a.s.o. Unlike in legacy PSTN, you can't say that the
line is busy over IP.

On 05/04/04 11:30, Richard wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In traditional PBX, there is a feature to indicate if
>another user (more precisely his phone) is being used
>or not. This would help before transfering a call.
>
>Is there a way to support this in ser?

No.

> If record-route
>is used, ser knows that users are on the phone bewteen
>ACK and BYE methods.

In an ideal word, what happens if one component (the phone) has a power
down? No BYE it sent back to mark the call closed on SER side. Remember
that the media doesn't pass usually through SIP proxy.

.Daniel