[Serusers] SER and multiple URIs for UA

Andreas Granig a.granig at inode.at
Mon Mar 29 19:38:17 CEST 2004

Jan Janak wrote:
>>Here I'm thinking about a loop in the ser config where I lookup the
>>location of the user part of the To-Header (if "^[0-9]+$"), and if not
>>found, just cut off the last digit and repeat the loop until the user id
>>under-runs a minimum length. If no appropriate user is found, I return
>>404. Otherwise I forward the original URI to the IP of the user I've found.
>>
>>So, generally said, I assign base numbers and perform some kind of
>>wildcard matching on incoming URIs.
>>What do you think about this solution? Would this be appropriate, or do
>>there exist other approaches?
>

>   Maybe I do not understand your problem right, but why don't you just
>   look for a prefix ? Each number beginning with a certain prefix could
>   be routed to the ISDN gateway by ser.

Ok, I've attached a small picture.

I want to register some UAs as normal, and also some UAs that act as
SIP-to-ISDN-Gateways (e.a. the Callrunner of www.i-p-tel.com), let's
call them PBX because they in fact are some kind of PBX (2x BRI).

A PBX registers itself with a base number, in our example 0345-8400. All
invites going to 0345-8400xx should be relayed to the PBX.

Now I could add 100 aliases for each PBX (0345-840000 to 0345-840099 in
  this case) at SER, but when extending to three digit extension codes
we'd have to add 1000 aliases for each PBX. Quite bad.

So what I could also do is to chop off digits at the end of the number
in a loop (in an executed script for example) and do a lookup in
locations, or I could do a mysql query in the subscribers table to check
if the current called party number starts with a number found in the
subscribers (or locations) table.

My question now: is there an existing ready-to-run solution out there?
Some sort of module? Cause I think this situation might be quite common
for bigger SIP providers.

Andy

--
Andreas Granig           | Software Development
Fon: +43 (0)59 999 2715  | Inode GmbH, Büro Graz