[Serusers] asterisk server

F.S.Salloum ssal at intracom.gr
Sat Mar 27 14:53:58 CET 2004

Dear Eugene,

I have used both and currently i'm doing some stress tests in both of them,
I think the best solution is to combine them, SER is excellent for the
SIP stuff, can work as a SIP proxy and whatevere else you want with the
modules which supports (sms gw etc) Asterisk in the other hand works
fine as a SIP to ISDN/CAPI Gateway and an IVR system (better and faster
compared with the sems+ser solution until version 0.8.12).

Regarding the underlying code SER is a reference for any programmer out
there, it is very good written and includes some excellent methods for
faster execution. Asterisk as far i know is almost a one man show and
the code it is not so nice written (for sip you can check the code
channels/chan_sip.c and you will understand what i mean) so it is more
difficult to add some staff there  for the near future compared with SER
which can be maintained more easily.

Sotiris