[Serusers] SER and MSN Configuration Help

Chris Bookholt cgbookho at ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 26 18:33:59 CET 2004

Thanks!  Your advice to enforce authentication was very helpful!  Now MSN prompts for a password.

However, I'm still having issues with one buddy not seeing the other as online.  Hmm...  As I wrote that last sentence the missing buddy just became visible.  However, it took on the order of 5+ minutes to appear.  That's not going to be within acceptable limits.

The delay confuses me because once the buddies can see each other in their buddy lists, status updates (away, busy, brb, etc.) happen almost instantaneously.  What's causing this delay for sign on?

Again, thanks in advance!
-Chris B.