[Serusers] Quick start SER Too much shared memory

Martin Coggin martin at mc2-consulting.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 09:35:47 CET 2004

I have a Debian Linux system running woody.  Installing SER using dpkg
-i ser_0.8.12_i386.deb.  Package appears to have unpacked ok.  The auto
restart failed and I got the following message.  Couldn't find anything
in the manuals for this.  Do I have too little memory in my machine.
Currently I have 32 M of memory and using an old Pentium machine.

Selecting previously deselected package ser.
(Reading database ... 54054 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking ser (from ser_0.8.12_i386.deb) ...
Setting up ser (0.8.12) ...
Restarting ser: serToo much shared memory demanded: 33554432
invoke-rc.d: initscript ser, action "restart" failed.

ser failed to (re)start. Perhaps your configuration requires
additional modules (e.g. ser-mysql-module, ser-jabber-module
or ser-radius-modules). Next try to install any additional ser
modules you might need and then (re)start ser by executing
the command '/etc/init.d/ser start|restart'.

Best regards Martin Coggin

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed.  If you have received this email in error please delete it
immediately and also reply to me to let me know.  Thank you for your
help.