[Serusers] menu options

Srbislav Cvetkovic srbislav at city-net.com
Tue Mar 23 16:43:15 CET 2004

Hello everyone,

I have a question. I have set up SER with couple of grandstream phones
and i am using VEGA gateway. It works great. I have two dial plans for
outgoing calls:

  # Destination PSTN or H323?
                 if( uri=~"^sip:9[0-9]*@voip.sip_proxy.com" )
                 {
                   route(1);
                   break;
                 };

                 if( uri=~"^sip:\*74 at voip.sip_proxy.com" )
                 {
                   route(2);
                   break;
                 };

# ------------ Send it to our PSTN ----------------------
route[1] {

                 # Route to PSTN Gateways(s)
         if (uri=~"^sip:9[0-9]*@voip.sip_proxy.com") {        ##  This
assumes that the caller is
             log("Forwarding to PSTN\n");                ##  registered
in our realm
             strip(1);
             #t_relay_to_udp( "voip.gateway.com", "5060" );
            rewritehostport("voip.gateway.com:5060");
            forward(uri:host, uri:port);
            break;
         };

}

route[2] {

         if (uri=~"^sip:\*74 at voip.sip_proxy.com") {        ##  This
assumes that the caller is
             log("Picking up a Call on PSTN\n");                ##
registered in our realm
            #t_relay_to_udp( "voip.gateway.com", "5060" );
            rewritehostport("voip.gateway.com:5060");
            forward(uri:host, uri:port);
             break;
         };

}

That is working fine. This *74 is for call pick up if someone is
wondering what the hell is that :)
However once I dial any number that has a menu options like: Press 1
for english, 2 for spanish and so on, i can't do anything. I keep on
pressing the numbers on my key pad but nothing is going on. I tried
with the 9 as well, ( to append 9 before the number ), but nothing. Is
it possible to have that with ip phones at all? Is there a dial plan
for something like that? I guess I am little bit confused 'cause it's
an established call, not a new one, so i am not sure where to start
looking. Any ideas?

thanks.

  Srbo Cvetkovic                  | CityNet, Inc.
  srbo at city-net.com            | Pittsburgh, PA
  voice: 412.481.5406         | fax: 412.431.1315