[Serusers] Performance tuning

zeusng zeus.ng at isquare.com.au
Tue Mar 23 02:37:12 CET 2004

Can anyone give me a realistic test case for measuring SER performance? I've
been using sipsak to stress my SER server but am not able to interpret the
result.

Here are some sipsak were run:

[siptest at sipuat siptest]$ sipsak -U -I -e 10000 -s sip:40 at mysip.test -r 5060
-n 800 -z -vv
[siptest at sipuat siptest]$ sipsak -U -I -e 50000 -s sip:30 at mysip.test -r 5060
-n 2 -z -vv
[siptest at sipuat siptest]$ sipsak -U -I -e 10000 -s sip:40 at mysip.test -r 5060
-n 150 -z -vv
[siptest at sipuat siptest]$ sipsak -U -I -e 10000 -s sip:40 at mysip.test -r 5060
-n 50 -z -vv

One of the result as follow:

All usrloc tests completed successful.
received last message 109125.023 ms after first request (test duration).
biggest delay between request and response was 46082.422 ms
10 retransmission(s) received from server.
9 time(s) the timeout of 5000 ms exceeded and request was retransmitted.

I guess a delay of 46s (46082.422ms) is definitely not acceptable. What
should I set for -n to be comparable to real world traffic.

And what kind of result should I expect.

Side issue:

During my stress test, I experience the same problem Andres reported last
Nov.
udp_rcv_loop:recvfrom:[11] Resource temporarily unavailable

After I modify some kernel (Fedora Core 1, Linux 2.4.22) parameters, the
problem seems to go away. Anyone happy to prove the case?

# echo "8388608" > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
# echo "8388608" > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
# echo "8388608" > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
# echo "8388608" > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default

Zeus

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information. Please contact the sender
immediately by return email and destroy the original message.