[Serusers] MySQL on different server

Doug R dougr at dwwfl.com
Sat Mar 20 21:45:23 CET 2004

I'm trying to run SER with a MySQL setup.  I want to put the SER on one server, and the MySQL on another server.  I am using the following parameters in my ser.cfg.  Why can't I get this working right?  I've tried connecting using MySQL's client commands directly and it works.  It seems to be only doing this on the authdb section, because I tried commenting the usrloc database commands out, and it still only produces one error message.  So apparently usrloc's MYSQL connection IS working, just not authdb's.

Thanks

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
modparam("usrloc", "db_url", "mysql://ser:password@192.168.1.194/ser")

# -- auth params --
# Uncomment if you are using auth module
#
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
#
# If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
# uncomment also the following parameter)
#
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
modparam("auth_db", "db_url", "mysql://ser:password@192.168.1.194/ser")

# -- rr params --
# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

I get the following messages in my log file:

Mar 20 15:32:17 sip1 /usr/local/sbin/ser[26794]: new_connection(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Mar 20 15:32:17 sip1 /usr/local/sbin/ser[26794]: db_init(): Could not create a connection
Mar 20 15:32:17 sip1 /usr/local/sbin/ser[26794]: group:mod_init(): Unable to connect database
Mar 20 15:32:17 sip1 /usr/local/sbin/ser[26794]: init_mod(): Error while initializing module group