[Serusers] SERWEB

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Mar 19 09:32:10 CET 2004

Jiri Kuthan wrote:

> a typical reason is that php settings are not as required. a typical
> reason why it is that way is users configured other php.ini file than
> used by the php interpreter.

Also, check the way your PHP installation treat global variables.

By default, you won't get global variables and if I'm not suffering
from a bad memory, Serweb needs global variables. So whatever the
login web page posts, nothing will arrive to the PHP authentication
library. You either fix this in PHP.ini for your server, or for
just this application in an apache configuration file.

Check the documentation on php.net.

And for the serweb team: Add fixing this to the wishlist. It's
a well known security hole. That's why it's off by default now.

/Olle