[Serusers] Future of ser - still open source?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Mar 18 12:20:30 CET 2004

On Mar 18, 2004 at 11:21, Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org> wrote:
> Note that we even could not do that -- SER is no longer being developed
> just by iptel.org, look at
>
> http://developer.berlios.de/project/memberlist.php?group_id=480
>
> Most of the people have contributed something and all of them would have
> to agree.

Well theoretically we could, although not all of ser. For example there
aren't any significant contribution to the core part or (AFAIK) the tm
module.

On the other hand as Jan said, we won't. I cannot speak for all of the
iptel ser developers, but most of us won't agree with a future
closed-source only ser (and there have been no talks about such a thing).
The heise.de stuff was a regrettable missunderstanding.

Andrei