[Serusers] Contacts case sensitivity

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Mar 17 17:53:53 CET 2004

About policy I totally agree with you as it fits perfectly the duck
theory. The theory is that if somethings looks like a duck than it
should be treated like one. So if a SIP address looks like an e-mail
address it should be case insensitive as an e-mail address.

The problem should not be taken lightly when you are confronted with
billing systems. These systems usually had to deal with numbers only so
combinations of upper/lowercase would bring havoc to many systems. Not
the fault of SIP of course but I would add a parameter to radius module
as well to make all URIs lowercase. Who is working on the radius
module?

Adrian