[Serusers] STUN and Symmetric NAT

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Tue Mar 16 15:01:06 CET 2004

My confusion over symmetric / cone NAT. But does look possible to
communicate between symmetric NATs in many cases - but first starting
with RTP proxy or TURN. Using the RTP proxy to learn which class of
symmetric NAT you have, and predicting the port allocation - then
switching to direct communication if the port prediction test gives good
results.

Simon