[Serusers] Post installation Problems with SER and MYSQL.

Shahzad Sadiq shahzad at visionvalley.net
Wed Mar 10 14:53:06 CET 2004

Hi,
  I ve recently started with SER. So far I ve managed to
install MYSQL and SER on REDHAT LINUX ver 9. I can also
start the MYSQL Server and SER. The problem I am facing
now is that when ever i go to /usr/sbin and  give the
command ./ser_mysql.sh <variable>  to create the mysql
table it gives me error messageas follows:
this is the message with ./ser_mysql.sh create>>
> creating database ser ...
> ./ser_mysql.sh: line 80: mysql: command not found.

With"reinstall" gives me different error message which is
as follows:
> ./ser_mysql.sh: line 102: mysqldump: command not found
> ser backup dump failed.

        Can anyone help me on this I know  i am missing
something but I am not quite sure.And can any one please
tell me how to configure Messenger service as well.
Any help on this I'll be really greatful.

Thanks
shahzad