[Serusers] ser/rtp exerciser

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Thu Mar 11 09:33:07 CET 2004

--On 11 March 2004 09:18 +0100 Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul
<pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> Depends on the codec and network you use. 10000 gsm would be easy. You
> also don't need to encode some valid stuff, you generate on packet and
> just slightly modify it before sending.

Yep I planned to build an audio stream ONCE (on initialisation) into
a list of packets, and just blat them out each time getting the
spacing roughly right, rather than use any CODEC on the test device.
And I will dump the inbound audio stream beyond checking I've got it.
I'm trying to test the stuff actually arrives with the right IP addresses
etc., rather than test audio quality or transcoding etc.

Alex