[Serusers] Forwarding calls to another service

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Tue Mar 2 21:27:36 CET 2004

I am running a SER proxy, and have sucessfully connected to it. Now I would
like to set up the proxy to make and receive telephone calls using my
Deltathree account to do so. I don't just want to proxy requests from my
clients directly to the Deltathree server - I want the SER proxy to act like
a client, register with deltathree (which requires digest authentication),
and then when I make calls to a tel: url send them to Deltathree. Also when
calls come in from Deltathree, I'd like all my telephones to ring at the
same time - so I can pick up my calls whether I'm logged in at work on my
PC, or from my Grandstream at home. All my clients would register with my
server using my own local username and password. Only the server would know
the username and password for the Deltathree account.

To do this I think I need 2 things that SER does not do.

1. Generate a REGISTER request at startup, and maintain a registration. 2.
Be able to respond to a "407 Unauthorized" by retrying a request with
authentication.

Is there anything else I need?

Where would this best be implemented - as a module, a fifo extension?

Simon