[Serusers] SER talks SIP to Jabber Server

Délio Filipe Russo Guerra dguerra at av.it.pt
Tue Mar 2 16:25:01 CET 2004

I'm having a problem putting jabber gateway to work. I'm
using SER 0.8.12 and microsoft messenger 4.7 as a SIP
client and PSI as a Jabber client.

I had configured the jabber gateway in ser.cfg and i can
talk between the to clients (at least for a while).

I'm using user1 as both SIP client and jabber client, and
user2 as a jabber client only. So the SIP address for the
user1 is sip:user1 at sipserver.sipdomain. user1 also have an
jabber account user1 at jabberserver.jabberdomain. user2 as
an jabber account user2 at jabberserver.jabberdomain.

I start to talk from user1 (microsoft messenger logged in
SIP server) to user2 (PSI logged in jabber server) and it
works just fine. If i continue to talk in this direction i
have no problems.

When i start to talk from user2 (PSI logged in jabber
server) to user1 (microsoft messenger logged in SIP
server)
i have no problems either.

The problem appears when i want to talk again from user1
to user2... that is, when i receive the first response
from user2 -> user1 it blocks the way user1 -> user2.

I've put a sniffer to find out why this appened, and
appears that after user2 responds, all the events (Ex:
INFO for Keyboard Activity) or messages from user1->user2
are SIP to jabber server. It seams that SER is not using
the jabber gateway.

Can anyone help me please...

Délio Guerra
IT - Instituto de Telecomunicações