[Serusers]internal LAN-Client cant be called from outside

Marco Achtziger marco.achtziger at web.de
Mon Jun 28 12:48:10 CEST 2004

Hello,
I'm an IT-Student from Würzburg and i'm working with SER for a project.
My SER is running on my linux-router and is listening on my LAN on eth0
and on the internet on ppp0. My problem is, that i can make calls
between two clients inside the LAN or between two clients who are
located in the internet. If somebody from the internet wants to call
somebody in the LAN or reverse i get a request timeout. Also when i want
to call somebody who is registrated by a different provider i get a
request timeout, after SER has send the trying message to the client.
Can anybody give me a hint or are there better how-tos like the ones
from iptel?
Here is my configuration file. In this i did not do many changes to the
original file, but i tried a lot.
#
# $Id: ser.cfg,v 1.21.4.1 2003/11/10 15:35:15 andrei Exp $
#
# simple quick-start config script
#

# ----------- global configuration parameters ------------------------

#debug=3         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
#fork=yes
#log_stderror=no	# (cmd line: -E)

/* Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode
debug=7
fork=no
log_stderror=yes
*/

check_via=no	# (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
port=5060
children=4
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
alias="80er.kicks-ass.net"
# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"

loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/nathelper.so"
# Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
# mysql.so must be loaded !
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------

# -- usrloc params --

#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)

# -- auth params --
# Uncomment if you are using auth module
#
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
#
# If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
# uncomment also the following parameter)
#
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")

# -- rr params --
# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

# -------------------------  request routing logic -------------------

# main routing logic

route{

	# initial sanity checks -- messages with
	# max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
	if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
		sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
		break;
	};
	if ( msg:len > max_len ) {
		sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
		break;
	};

	# we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
	# subsequent messages will go through our proxy; that's
	# particularly good if upstream and downstream entities
	# use different transport protocol
	record_route();
	# loose-route processing
	if (loose_route()) {
		t_relay();
		break;
	};

	# if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
	# (in case, it does not work, use the following command
	# with proper names and addresses in it)
	if (uri==myself) {

		if (method=="REGISTER") {

# Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
			if (!www_authorize("80er.kicks-ass.net", "subscriber")) {
				www_challenge("80er.kicks-ass.net", "0");
				break;
			};
			fix_nated_contact();
			save("location");
			break;
		};

		# native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
		if (!lookup("location")) {
			sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
			break;
		};
	};
	# forward to current uri now; use stateful forwarding; that
	# works reliably even if we forward from TCP to UDP
	fix_nated_contact();
	if (!t_relay()) {
		sl_reply_error();
	};