[Serusers] non-unique call id problem

GR S gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 10:35:47 CEST 2004

Greg,

We experienced similer problems when we tried to parallelly fork calls thru our PSTN gateway. All the calls had same call-id, and the only difference was the branch-id's in the via headers of the forked calls. The gateway accepted only the first call and rejected others. I asked about this in the sipping forum, and was informed that it could be a bug in the implementation of the UA server (PSTN gateways are UAS). The UAS has to consider branch-id's for the transactions. AFAIK, for a proxy, it is the combination of the Call-ID and the tags that uniquely identify the dialog. (Request others to correct if i am wrong on this). Not sure what exactly is your problem.

Regards,

Greg Fausak <greg at addabrand.com> wrote:
I am seeing non-unique call IDs from a UA.
SHould I reject a call if the Call-ID is not unique? Has
anyone else messed with this? It is a big accounting problem!

-g

Greg Fausak

Girish Gopinath  <gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com>
http://mail.yahoo.com