[Serusers] conferencing with SEMS

Steven Langley langals at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 11:56:14 CEST 2004

Hi there

I have ser 0.8.12 running on RedHat 9 (installed
from RPM). I have also installed sems from the CVS
with tag ser_rel_0_8_12. My main reason for installing
sems is to support conferencing. I am not that
interested in the other plugins at the moment.

Now, I understand conceptually how conferencing works.
Basically many users (UAs) all dial into the same
conference URI and communicate via a "focus" running
in a central location (tightly coupled conferencing).

My question is how does one create a conference and
assign it a URI using ser & sems? I have looked at all
the documentation and not sure how to do this.
Is there some utility in sems / conferencing plugin
which allows one to say "I want to create a new
instance of a conference and assign it
URI conference1 at domain.com and create another
conference with URI conference2 at domain.com", etc.
Then when users dial one of these conference URIs they
will be directed to that conference? Is this how it
works and if so how do I do this?

I am very new to SIP, Linux and C, so please do not be
more technical than necessary.

Many thanks

Steven