[Serusers] protocol fixup: missing ACK after 200 OK

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at portaone.com
Wed Jun 23 13:16:17 CEST 2004

That would be a very wrong thing to do, since calee will have no way to
tell if no-ACK situation has been caused by the loss of 200 OK in
transit, in which case it has to re-transmit 200 OK, or by the b0rken
UAC, that don't send ACK after receiving 200 OK. Therefore, such "fixup"
will undermine non-broken UAs in the presence of packets loss, which is
unavoidable in the case when UDP is used.

The only way to address this problem is to seek resolution from the
phone vendor.

Regards,

Maxim