[Serusers] Need Help

GR S gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 07:52:13 CEST 2004

Vanita,

--- Vanita Jain <vanita at vigyana.com> wrote:
> Can I modify the code and run it as per my need?

There is absolutely no need to modify the SER code to make it work per your needs.

> I am working on a SIP application and need to test it with a server
> which will understand my modified SIP Message. This SIP message will
> have some specific Parameters. So can I modify registrar code to work as
> per my need?

I would suggest to go through the SER Admins Guide (http://www.iptel.org/ser/admin.html) to learn
about URI modifications, setting hosts, appending headers etc to change the sip messages. Those
methods provided by SER are the best and safest methods for modifying SIP messages. If you need
more features than those, then write a plug-in (a module) for SER, load it and call your methods
from the SER config file. The Programmer's Guide will provide more information on that. See here:
http://www.iptel.org/ser/devel.html

> Rgds-
> Vanita Jain

Good Luck!