[Serusers] Serweb install prob

Gala, Dipen Dipen.Gala at FMR.com
Tue Jun 22 21:04:24 CEST 2004

I have attach the install doc for serweb I have problem in understanding
step 3 to 7. so you ppl can have a look at these steps which are at the
end of the mail

In step [3] where is config_data_layer.php file and what values should I
hv for db_type, db_host, db_name, db_user and db_pass
Step [4] is ok
Step [5] do I have to install this stuff named PEAR package LOG
 I thick if I can get this info all other steps should be easy
I hv mysql linked up with ser but I have no ideas how to use mysql....
So help me in that fashion
So pls help me I hv to get this serweb running
----
Steps
----
[3] Open the file config_data_layer.php in your favorite editor and
change the values for db_type, db_host, db_name, db_user and db_pass
[4] Open the file config_paths.php and change value for root_path to fit
directory in html tree where serweb is installed. Also change other
values to fit your environment.
[5] Open the file config.php and see if you wish to change some setting.
If you want enable loging, make sure that you have installed PEAR
package LOG
[6] In subdirectory /your/serweb/dir/html/domains create directories
named as domains you are hosting a copy to them content of subdir
/your/serweb/dir/html/domains/_default. In this directories is files for
domain depended configuration and layout of pages for each domain. If
some file isn't found in directory
/your/serweb/dir/html/domains/<domain> is used the one from
/your/serweb/dir/html/domains/_default
[7] Open config.php for each domain
(/your/serweb/dir/html/domains/*/config.php) and change setting to fit
your environment. Don't forget change email address (mail_header_from,
infomail, regmail) and contact address of instant messages (web_contact)

Dipen K Gala
Fidelity Investments System Company - Telecom
Phone: (617) 563-2729
Email: Dipen.Gala at FMR.com