[Serusers] Weird problem when, restarting ser.

Andreas Granig a.granig at inode.at
Tue Jun 22 12:06:49 CEST 2004

Hi,

Atle Samuelsen wrote:
>  Some more update.. got the same problem today.. and when it happend, ser
>  blocked. and I got ALOT of these error messages. Anybody know why ?

Are there any subscribers with a lot of location entries? I had this
problem some months ago with Ser 0.8.10 IIRC, and the reason was a user
accidently registering very often (~500 times or so) with different IPs
because of a DHCP issue. After deleting his userlocs it started up again...

Andy

PS: I currently watch the number of locations per user with an external
script, but in general a user should only be allowed to register one
location here, so maybe I should think about some sort of check when
registering a client. Are there any out-of-the-box solutions or is this
another task for an external script or extra module?