[Serusers] SER, ATA-186 & Cisco AS5300

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 15:00:01 CEST 2004

> > Thanks all (especially Alex), I know now why, and it does seem that the
> > 'NAT' device - in this case a Draytek Vigor ADSL router is rewriteing
the
> > SIP packet incorrectly. However, if I wanted to be tolerant of this, is
> > there a way to instruct SER to re-evaluate the 'content-length' and
> > rewrite it correctly?
>
> You might be better fixing the Draytech - who knows what information the
> NAT box is losing. The problem you have here is it's done 3 rewrites (Via,
> Call-ID, & RTP o=) each adding five characters but only added 10 to
> Content-Length; I expect you can imagine the piece of C doing this and
that

If it were just for personal use that would be fine, but we have to support
a wide range of clients where we don't have control over their hardware. I
think we're going to have to 'correct' the Content-Length field - is there
any way we can add additional data to the body and force SER to recalculate
it that way?

Linus