[Serusers] Loop with Moved Temporarily

Zappasodi Daniele dzappasodi at seltatel.it
Fri Jun 18 11:01:02 CEST 2004

Suppose this simply scenario: 3 SIP phones A,B,C.
On B is set a redirection (moved temporarily) direct to C.
On C is set a redirection (moved temporarily) direct to B. <?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

 If A calls B and B replies with moved temporarily to C.

A   INVITE B
A ---------a B

B   “Moved temporarily to C”
A s--------- B

A calls C and B replies with moved temporarily to B.

A   INVITE C
A ---------a C

C   “Moved temporarily to B”

A calls B
A   INVITE B

so it generates an endless loop.

How can I detect and avoid this endless loops?

Does the INVITE contain an header field, analogous to the “Max Forwards”,
that I can see to identify a loop and consequently refuse the INVITE?

Thanks for your help,

Daniele