[Serusers] No outgoing calls

Greg Fausak greg at addabrand.com
Tue Jun 15 19:58:11 CEST 2004

AJ,

I have found it is essential to get the ability to
trace and debug calls working.  This requires some
effort, but it will answer many of your questions when
you do!

ngrep is a good start as mentioned before.  At least then
you can fumble through the packet dump to see if the
request is being sent to your 5350 at all.

I use ngrep for quick stuff, but I prefer sipscenario and
ethereal (tethereal) for sniffing.  You will need a hub that
is plugged into all of your devices, or you will need to
turn on port monitoring (depending on your switch type...I
use cisco).  You then set up a sniffer on the monitored port.

A trace will reveal all.  You will then *know* if a request is
being sent to your 5350.

In any event, you seem to have a syntax error:

                        rewritehost("216.157.199.1:5060");
                         forward(uri:host, uri:port);

You probably want:

	forward("216.157.199.1", "5060");

or whatever...I don't recall the syntax.

I also don't remember exactly how the uri==myself works.
Perhaps you need more aliases to make that work, like:

alias=proxy.mydomain.com
alias=mydomain.com

etc..

there is a bit more work to do if you want bidirectional calls.
because the cisco you have has to know which way the call is going.
so, people invent dialplans.  you may want to have
ser prepend '9' to an outbound call, then your dialplan recognizes the
leading '9' on the cisco and strips it and makes the outbound call.
You've
got to catch an inbound call and forward it to the sip-uas (the ser
proxy server).
these are vague hints, i know. Good Luck!

-g