[Serusers] problem with instant messages

Milivoje Mirovic mmirovic at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 13:55:56 CEST 2004

Hello everybody!

I'm configuring sip server as my student project and I
have few problems, so I'll appreciate your help:

I have configured ser and serWeb, pstn gateway, mysql,
everything is working fine. How I'm unable to put IM
(instant messages) from serweb in function:

- I have configured ser to accept messages in this
way:

fifo = "/tmp/ser_fifo"
fifo_mode = 0777

loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/msilo.so"

modparam("msilo", "registrar",
"sip:registrar at rcub.bg.ac.yu")
modparam("msilo", "db_url",
"sql://ser:password@rcub.bg.ac.yu/ser")

        if (method == "REGISTER") {

                if (!save("location")) {
                        sl_reply_error();
                };

                m_dump();
                break;
        };

        if (method == "MESSAGE") {
                if (!t_newtran()) {
                         sl_reply_error();
                        break;
                };

                if (m_store("0")) {
                        t_reply("202", "Accepted for
Later Delivery");
                        break;
                };

                t_reply("503", "Service Unavailable");
                break;
        };

Problem is that serweb continues to report '408
Request timed out' message. I think that maybe there
is problem with fifo, but I'm not sure. I tried to run
shell script for sending IM (from admin guide) but in
syslog there were several errors, all saying that line
must begin with ':' (for lines: NOTIFY,
sip:originator at foo.bar etc.). Why script doesn't work?

Can you help me solve the problem?
Thank you in advance.